Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Final Landscape Stitch and Evaluation

For this, i had to stitch together lots of different photos of a landscape, and change the filters, and play around with the blend modes. Then, i had to place in my full body stitch into it a few times, and try to blend them in.

I think that i put it all together well, because its looks unusual and strange, and blends together quite well. But if i did it again, i would probably have used a different landscape, or got more photos, because i think it would look better if it was bigger, and has more of the landscape in it.I also like the way i blended the full body stitches into it.



Evaluation:
Preparatory work:
The theme was identity, and i did the landscape of a place at school, and this shows my identity,by showing  what school i got to.
I researched the artist David Hockney, and his work made me want to make my work a little like his, because i thought that it looked strange and unusual.
Throughout this project, i think that i have improved my skills on photoshop, by using different filters and blend modes to make my work look better.
I think that i have blended my full body stitches in well, because they aren't very noticeable, and i think they look good where they are.
I think that i could improve by trying to add a few more different shapes, to make it a little more interesting.
I think i could have played around with the colours a bit more, to make it look a little bit more unusual.
Final Piece:
In my work, i have used lots of circles, to make it look strange and different.
I tried to make my work look strange, by moving the different shapes and changing the colours and shapes. I think that i have done this quite well, but i could have changed the colours a bit better.
This project was about identity, so i wanted to show a little bit of my identity, and i did that by showing my school.
I am happy with my final piece, and have really enjoyed putting it all together, and making it look good.
I particularly like the way that the different filters make it look good, and different, and i like the way all of the stitch portraits are blended into it.
If i did this again, i would have done a different landscape, because i could have used somewhere i like to go, and i might have been able to do it a bit better. I would do this, because i want to try and make show my identity a bit more.
Targets:
1) I need to try and use more different colours, to make it look more interesting
2) Try to use the blend modes a little bit more.
3) try to make my work a little more interesting and unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment